There are a few places where you can find dogs in Fallout 76. These are:
- Random encounters: Dogs can randomly spawn as part of a random encounter. This means that they can appear anywhere in the world, but they are more likely to spawn in certain areas, such as forests and farms.
- Blood Eagle camps: Blood Eagles sometimes have dogs as pets or guards. You can find these dogs at Blood Eagle camps, which are located throughout the Savage Divide and Ash Heap.
- The Lonely Dog: There is a dog that can be found on top of a cliff overlooking Harpers Ferry. This dog is not hostile, and you can tame it with the Animal Friend perk.
- Named dogs: There are a few named dogs that can be found in Fallout 76. These dogs include Rufus, the dog of Dave, who can be found at the Freak Show; Bloppo, the former companion of Maul; Chloe, the dog of Heather Ellis; Private Lucky, the dog of the Military Specialists; and Badger, the Putnams’ dog.
To tame a dog in Fallout 76, you need to have the Animal Friend perk at Rank 3. Once you have the perk, you can approach a dog and pacify it. If the dog is successfully pacified, you will have a chance to tame it. The chance of taming a dog is increased by the Animal Friend perk, so having the perk at Rank 3 will give you the best chance of success.
Once you have tamed a dog, you can send it back to your CAMP. Your dog will then become a permanent resident of your CAMP, and it will follow you around and help you fight enemies.
Here are some additional tips for finding and taming dogs in Fallout 76:
- Use the Animal Friend perk to increase your chances of taming a dog.
- Server hop if you don’t find a dog in the location you’re looking.
- Try to find dogs that are not hostile. This will make it easier to pacify them and tame them.
- Be patient. It may take some time to find a dog that you can tame.